Once you have finished your treatment, you will be provided with an aftercare pack. This information will help you to know what to expect after your treatment:
• Once the procedure has been completed, the clinician will cleanse the area.
• The treated area should resemble moderate sunburn and feel warmer and tighter than usual. This normally reduces by 50% within 1 to 2 hours and will normally recover within the same day with only slight redness the following day.
• Use tepid water to cleanse the face for the following 48 hours and dry gently. Always make sure hands are clean when touching the treated area. It is recommended that make-up is not applied for 24 hours after the procedure. You may use specialist mineral make-up.
• Broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF 50 is applied after treatment.
• Continue to use SPF30 sunscreen or higher for 2 weeks.
• Resume recommended anti-ageing skincare regime once erythema (redness) has gone.
• Do not swim in chlorinated water for 2 weeks post treatment.
• Do not sunbathe or use a sauna or steam bath for 4 weeks post treatment.
• Avoid electrolysis, waxing and bleaching for 36 hours.