Chemical peel aftercare
Post treatment you will be provided with an aftercare pack.This information will help you to know what to expect after your treatment:
• Once the procedure has been completed, the clinician will cleanse the area, apply a hydrating and SPF factor cream.
• The treated area may resemble light sunburn and feel warmer and tighter than usual. This normally reduces by 50% within 10 mins – 1 hour and will normally recover within the same day. You should see only very slight redness the following day.
• Use tepid water to cleanse the face for the following 48 hours and dry gently. Always make sure hands are clean when touching the treated area. It is recommended that make-up is not applied for 12 hours after the procedure. You may use a specialist mineral-make up.
• A broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF 50 is applied after the treatment.
• Continue to use SPF50 sunscreen for 2 weeks.
• Skin may feel drier or tighter, typically 3-5 days post treatment. This is normal, use Moisturiser and SPF50 as per recommendations.
• Resume recommended anti-ageing skincare regime once erythema (redness) has gone.
• Please do not use any Retinol products for 4 weeks.
• Avoid sunbeds, sunbathing, saunas or steam baths for 7 days after the peel.
• Do not swim in chlorinated water for 5 days post peel.
• Above all, if you have any concerns please contact the practice.